Business and Commercial
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Yeshiva University, B.S., Marketing, magna cum laude, 2008
Judge Avern Cohn, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2015-2016
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Brittney D. Kohn focuses her practice on class actions, complex commercial litigation, and labor and employment litigation. Her work has included real estate law, contract law, and employment disputes.
- Representing major automobile manufacturer in federal investigation regarding vulnerabilities in vehicle technology systems.
- Counsel for leading truck manufacturer in $80 million supply dispute.
- Trial counsel for Fortune 500 company in defense of claim for Michigan No-Fault benefits.
- Counsel for major automobile manufacturer for nationwide hybrid tax-incentive campaign.
- Defended environmental-services firm in an Attorney General enforcement action related to the Flint water crisis.
Before joining the firm, Brittney clerked at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan under the Honorable Judge Avern Cohn. During law school, she clerked at Williams, Williams, Rattner, & Plunkett and The Health Law Partners.
Brittney received her J.D., cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2015. During law school, Brittney served as Symposium Editor of the Wayne Law Review. She received her B.S. in Marketing, magna cum laude, from Yeshiva University.
American Bar Association, Member
Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan, Member
Jewish Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Michigan – Real Property Law, Business Law, Labor and Employment Law, Member
Brittney Kohn, Detroit Institute of Arts: A Cultural Gem or Detroit’s Piggy Bank?, 60 Wayne. L. Rev. 515, 2014
Coolest Place I Ever Lived: Jerusalem, Israel
Favorite Sport: Fencing
Site I Frequently Visit: nymag.com
Perfect Vacation: Weekend on Mackinac Island
Next Show on My Hulu Watchlist: The Mindy Project