Commercial / UCC
BSP’s Advanced Capabilities
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Business Torts
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secret Matters
- Corporate Governance Claims
- Merger and Acquisition Disputes
- Consumer Warranty Claims
- Real Estate Issues
- Obtained rescission of a multi-million-dollar option agreement based on misrepresentation of the purchaser.
- Enjoined suppliers from discontinuing the shipment of goods and threatening the shutdown of automobile assembly plants.
- Trial and appellate counsel for a high-tech manufacturing portfolio company in a $4 million royalty dispute involving extensive electronic discovery issues and an accounting before a special master.
- Lead counsel for a mining company in $25 million breach of lease action involving complex hydrogeology and geology issues.
- Defended the CEO of a closely held financial-services company through trial and appeal in litigation involving claims of shareholder oppression, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a major marketing and business-services company in non-competition, confidentiality, and trade-secret misappropriation action against former executive team.
- Counsel for a prosthetics and medical equipment company in a multi-million dollar trademark and post-closing adjustment action arising out of divestiture of a line of business.
- Counsel for private acquirer of a multi-state fast food franchisor in the defense of a $3.5 million action involving contractual and business tort claims.
- Represented a Fortune 100 petroleum company against shareholder claims for declaratory and injunctive relief.
- Lead counsel for defendant racing corporation in shareholder action for oppression, breach of fiduciary duty, and books and records.
- Lead counsel for a major HMO in a series of contractual disputes with several physician groups.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement as lead counsel to plaintiff investor in fraud, embezzlement, and fiduciary-duty action against former partner in health care business.
- Lead counsel for engineering firm in multi-party action involving a complex kickback scheme.
- Counsel for major physician group in tortious-interference action involving complex peer review and HIPAA issues.
- Community Programs
- Dialog Direct
- Farouk Systems, Inc.
- Guardian Industries
- Health Alliance Plan
- Jet Direct
- Norma Americas
- PulteGroup, Inc.
- Roush Industries