Seyferth Joins the Board of Trustees for the Historical Society for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of MI
Patrick Seyferth, BSP Partner, has been chosen to join the Board of Trustees for the Historical Society for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
The Historical Society was formed in 1992 to preserve the history of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the men and women associated with it. The goals for the Society include:
- Assisting federal district judges in preserving their records and personal papers;
- Continuing an oral history program to collect and preserve the reminiscences of current and former Judges, attorneys, court officials and others;
- Promoting public education concerning significant cases;
- Collaborating with other organizations in historical preservation projects;
- Publishing periodic newsletters about the history of the court;
- Sponsoring speakers at its Annual Meeting to discuss topics relating to the history of the Court; and
- Maintaining a museum area in the Courthouse for displaying artifacts and presenting various historical exhibits.
To learn more about the Society please visit, http://www.mied.uscourts.gov/HistoricalSociety/.