Product Liability and Recall
- Significant trial experience and successes representing major manufacturers and suppliers in complex tort cases in over 30 states.
- Successfully handled cases involving a variety of product liability, toxic tort and personal injury litigation claims
- In mediations and facilitations, the strength of our coordinated team effort has positioned our clients to achieve favorable settlement results in high exposure cases
Types of Products Defended
- Automobiles & Components
- Consumer Products
- Food Products & Packaging
- Household Appliances
- Medical Devices and Equipment
Product Defense Expertise
- Product design process and decision making
- Development of due-diligence product facts
- Regulatory aspects of product design, development, manufacturing and distribution
- Detailed analysis of product performance
- Proven ability to grasp complex science and engineering concepts related to product design, development, testing and manufacturing
- Warnings claims
- Understanding of medical issues surrounding liability and damage claims
- Experience defending against adverse discovery requests
- Preparing corporate witness depositions
- Skilled in opposing expert depositions and cross-examining opposing experts in trial settings
- Jury research, mock trials and detailed case theme development to support favorable trial outcomes
- Fact investigation tailored to the defense strategy
Recall/Regulatory Advisors and Litigation Avoidance
- BSP attorneys counsel clients during all phases of recall and regulatory matters.
- Proactively advise companies on how to minimize potential litigation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to minimize litigation costs and damages awards.
FCA US LLC, Delphi Automotive Systems, Volkswagen Group of America, IEE Sensing, Guardian Industries, Heinz, Gibbs Sports Amphibians Inc., Mercedes-Benz USA, Hyundai Motor Company, Detroit Diesel Corporation and others.