Business & Commercial
BSP’s complex commercial and business litigation team understands that no two business disputes are the same. We work with our clients to set in motion carefully tailored strategies aimed at meeting the specific needs of each case. Meanwhile, we also work to manage the process of litigation so as to reduce the cost, uncertainty, and distraction it causes, and help our clients make better-informed decisions along the way. At the end of the day, business disputes are business problems; and we deliver solutions, not just fights.
Our team is experienced in handling a wide variety of business disputes, in forums ranging from federal and state courts nationwide to public and private arbitration.
BSP’s Advanced Capabilities
- Business Torts / Fraud
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Unfair Competition / Trade Secrets
- Contracts / UCC
- Broker-Dealer Issues
- Corporate Governance / Fiduciary Duty
- Construction and Leasing
- Intellectual Property
- Consumer Protection / Warranty
- Obtained rescission of a multi-million-dollar option agreement based on misrepresentation of the purchaser.
- Enjoined suppliers from discontinuing the shipment of goods and threatening the shutdown of automobile assembly plants.
- Trial and appellate counsel for a high-tech manufacturing portfolio company in a $4 million royalty dispute involving extensive electronic discovery issues and an accounting before a special master.
- Lead counsel for a mining company in $25 million breach of lease action involving complex hydrogeology and geology issues.
- Defended the CEO of a closely held financial-services company through trial and appeal in litigation involving claims of shareholder oppression, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a major marketing and business-services company in non-competition, confidentiality, and trade-secret misappropriation action against former executive team.
- Counsel for a prosthetics and medical equipment company in a multi-million dollar trademark and post-closing adjustment action arising out of divestiture of a line of business.
- Counsel for private acquirer of a multi-state fast food franchisor in the defense of a $3.5 million action involving contractual and business tort claims.
- Represented a Fortune 100 petroleum company against shareholder claims for declaratory and injunctive relief.
- Lead counsel for defendant racing corporation in shareholder action for oppression, breach of fiduciary duty, and books and records.
- Lead counsel for a major HMO in a series of contractual disputes with several physician groups.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement as lead counsel to plaintiff investor in fraud, embezzlement, and fiduciary-duty action against former partner in health care business.
- Lead counsel for engineering firm in multi-party action involving a complex kickback scheme.
- Counsel for major physician group in tortious-interference action involving complex peer review and HIPAA issues.
- Morgan Stanley
- Dialog Direct
- Ford Motor Company
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- Guardian Industries
- Health Alliance Plan
- OmniSource Corporation
- Daimler Trucks North America
- Roush Industries