Discovery Drafter / Discovery Paralegal Specializing in Technical Writing
Bush Seyferth PLLC is a boutique litigation firm with a national practice seeking a college graduate or experienced paralegal to work as part of our discovery team. The position requires a person who is detail-oriented, self-motivating, and capable of managing a large volume of complex cases with voluminous document productions. Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor are also required, due to extensive communications with client representatives and outside counsel.
Job duties include:
- Analyze and interpret technical information received from clients and translate for reports and discovery responses.
- Drafting and preparation of technical/legal documents and letters.
- Responding to discovery requests (including organizing/indexing large amounts of data – both hard copy materials and electronic).
- Analyzing engineering documents and various other file materials, and preparing these materials for electronic production.
- Performing technical and legal research.
- Assisting attorneys with responding to motions.
- Revise product manuals.
1. Excellent writing/editing skills.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
3. Ability to learn new software and procedures quickly.
4. Strong attention to details.
5. Outstanding client service skills.
6. High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
7. Demonstrated professional demeanor.
8. Individual should possess an automotive mechanical aptitude or experience and be familiar with engineering drawings and specifications.
1. Experience with all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe PDF, and other similar programs.
2. Experience writing, interpreting or organizing complete, complex technical and/or legal documents from contractual specifications, engineering drawings, reports, and other data is preferred.
Please send a brief cover letter introducing yourself and a resume firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.