Discovery Drafter / Discovery Paralegal Specializing in Technical Writing
Bush Seyferth PLLC is a boutique litigation firm with a national practice seeking a college graduate or experienced paralegal to work as part of our discovery team. The position requires a person who is detail-oriented, self-motivating, and capable of managing a large volume of complex cases with voluminous document productions. Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor are also required, due to extensive communications with client representatives and outside counsel.
Job duties include:
- Analyze and interpret technical information received from clients and translate for reports and discovery responses.
- Drafting and preparation of technical/legal documents and letters.
- Responding to discovery requests (including organizing/indexing large amounts of data – both hard copy materials and electronic).
- Analyzing engineering documents and various other file materials, and preparing these materials for electronic production.
- Performing technical and legal research.
- Assisting attorneys with responding to motions.
- Revise product manuals.
1. Excellent writing/editing skills.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
3. Ability to learn new software and procedures quickly.
4. Strong attention to details.
5. Outstanding client service skills.
6. High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
7. Demonstrated professional demeanor.
8. Individual should possess an automotive mechanical aptitude or experience and be familiar with engineering drawings and specifications.
1. Experience with all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe PDF, and other similar programs.
2. Experience writing, interpreting or organizing complete, complex technical and/or legal documents from contractual specifications, engineering drawings, reports, and other data is preferred.
Please send a brief cover letter introducing yourself and a resume email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Bush Seyferth PLLC is a boutique litigation firm with a national practice seeking to fill the role of a Trial Paralegal.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, self-starting, team-oriented, collaborative, and responsible individual with previous legal experience. This candidate will be someone who takes pride in always producing top-quality work, but also likes to have fun with coworkers in a collegial environment.
The trial paralegal position requires someone who has a proactive approach to handling cases and can work independently, with excellent attention to detail. The person in this position will work on personal injury, insurance, commercial litigation, and construction matters. Responsibilities will include, among other things:
- Document review, analysis, and management.
- Assisting in preparing offensive discovery and responses to discovery requests.
- Preparation of subpoenas.
- Assisting in investigation of case background facts.
- Coordinating document productions.
- Preparing privilege logs.
- Preparing and managing exhibits for depositions, briefs, hearings, mock trials, and trials.
- Attendance at evidentiary hearings, mock trials, and trials to assist with exhibits and trial software.
- Experience in reviewing and summarizing medical records and with auto no-fault is preferred, but not required.
Please send a brief cover letter introducing yourself and a resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Bush Seyferth PLLC is a boutique litigation firm with a national practice seeking a full-time receptionist to work in our Troy office. The position requires a person who is organized and personable. Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and a professional demeanor are also required.
Job duties include:
- Greets visitors and obtains name and other pertinent information, notifying appropriate individuals of visitor’s arrival.
- Answers and routes calls, as necessary, to appropriate individuals.
- Accurately takes and delivers messages.
- Accepts and signs for packages and notifies addressee of package arrival.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks.
- Maintains clean and orderly reception area.
- Sorts and processes mail.
- Be ready and willing to take on more responsibility when the opportunity arises.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of reception/office experience or in the customer service industry
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Outstanding client service skills
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Legal experience a plus!
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a plus!
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon – Fri
Please send a brief cover letter introducing yourself and a resume email@example.com. No phone calls please.