Auto Negligence / PIP
Business and Commercial
University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
The University of Michigan, B.A., Economics and History, 2009
Justice Brian Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court, 2012-2014
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Michael K. Steinberger focuses his practice on complex commercial, auto-negligence, and product-liability litigation. His work has included high-exposure auto-negligence and product-liability claims, business disputes, trademark infringement, and trade secret protection.
- Obtained significant monetary award in complex business dispute on claims for statutory oppression, breach of fiduciary duty, and conversion following three-day arbitration as lead trial counsel.
- Obtained substantial early settlement following aggressive discovery in fraud, fiduciary duty, and partnership dispute.
- Represented automobile manufacturer as national discovery counsel team for airbag-related product liability actions.
- Represented automobile manufacturer auto-negligence actions in connection with company car program, including death and serious injury.
- Counsel for manufacturer of industrial transmissions in defense of product liability action.
- Represent LLC and its members in action alleging shareholder oppression.
- Represented rental vehicle company in defense of claim by hospital for Michigan No-Fault Benefits.
- Counsel to former employee in defense of trade-secret action brought by former employer.
- Represented automobile manufacturer and national filter maker in Michigan asbestos litigation.
- Counsel to Michigan Legislature in dispute with advocacy group regarding Michigan election law.
- Secured summary dismissal of a case on behalf of a prominent national life insurance company.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Mike clerked at the Michigan Supreme Court under Justice Brian Zahra. He also worked as a litigation associate at Barris, Sott, Denn & Driker, PLLC. During law school, Mike clerked for Rivero Mestre LLP in Florida.
Mike received his J.D, summa cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2012. There he served as the Executive Editor of the University of Miami Law Review. He received his B.A. in Economics and History from the University of Michigan.
Honors & Awards
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch: Product Liability Litigation (2021), Insurance Law (2021), Commercial Litigation (2021)
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyer, 2018
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017 – Present
Order of the Coif
Book Awards (highest grade in class): Torts, Constitutional Law I, Constitutional Law II, Trusts & Estates
American Board of Trial Advocates, National Trial College Fellow
Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan, Member
Federalist Society, Michigan Lawyers Chapter, Second Vice President
Oakland County Bar Association, New Lawyers Committee, Vice Chair and Race Judicata Committee, Chair
Oakland County Bar Association Inns of Court, Barrister
Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
State Bar of Michigan, Member
“Michigan Supreme Court Review,” Moderator, Federalist Society Michigan Chapter, May 2019
“Product Liability for Engineers,” presented for University of Michigan UMTRI Program, (2018, 2019)
“May It Please the Court: Navigating the Business Court,” Moderator, OCBA, May 2018
“Best-Laid Plans: How to Prepare for & Litigate Deals Gone Bad,” OCBA LACHES, January 2020 Issue, co-author, 2020
Michael K. Steinberger, Note, Internet Solutions v. Marshall: The Overreach of Florida’s Long-Arm, 66 U. Miami L. Rev. 1089, 2012
Can do the Rubik’s Cube in less than 5 minutes
Proud University of Michigan Season Ticket Holder
Favorite TV Show: The West Wing