Business and Commercial
Construction Litigation & Counseling
Securities / Finance
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2001
University of Michigan Ross School of Business, B.B.A., with high distinction, 1997
- James B. Angell Scholar
- William J. Branstrom Freshman Prize for academic excellence
Civil Litigation Mediation Training
Harvard Professional Development Programs, Harvard Division of Continuing Education, Participant, Strategic Leadership, September 28-29, 2016
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Moheeb H. Murray represents clients in complex commercial disputes and leads BSP’s insurance coverage practice group. In commercial litigation matters, his extensive experience includes complex breach of contract and breach of warranty claims, shareholder actions, and cases involving misappropriation of trade secrets and covenants not to compete. In his insurance coverage practice, Moheeb represents leading insurers in life, health, disability, ERISA, long-term care, annuity, P&C, commercial general liability, and auto-insurance no-fault matters.
He advises and represents clients from pre-litigation strategy through final verdict and on appeal. Moheeb has helped clients obtain favorable awards and outcomes at trial and in arbitrations involving claims of breach of contract, breach of warranty, construction, and design-professional malpractice. Moheeb is also a trained civil litigation mediator.
- Michigan statewide counsel for leading national do-it-yourself moving and vehicle-rental company for insurance coverage, tort liability, and commercial litigation matters.
- Lead counsel and also Michigan counsel working with national counsel for several leading life insurance and annuity companies in interpleader cases.
- Lead counsel for national insurance company in defense of accidental-death claims.
- Counsel for automotive original equipment manufacturer against supplier for breach of warranty and indemnity based on supply of nonconforming component parts.
- Trial counsel for national insurance company in claim against exclusive agent for wrongful solicitation of clients and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Trial and appellate counsel for national insurance company in defense of agent claim that agency was terminated based on illegal redlining.
- Counsel for national insurance company and agent in defense of claim that agent engaged in discriminatory redlining against potential customers.
- Lead counsel in defense of leading life and disability insurer on ERISA claim.
- Counsel for leading national homebuilder in class actions and mass actions alleging construction defects.
- Co-counsel for a leading automotive manufacturer in obtaining denial of certification of putative nationwide consumer class action alleging claims relating to performance of telematics equipment.
- Counsel for real estate developer in obtaining rescission of $17.5 million development contract based on misrepresentations by opposing contracting party.
- Lead counsel in complex multimillion-dollar shareholder dispute involving claims of oppression breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, and injunctive relief.
- Lead counsel for major distributor of recreational vehicle equipment in defense of allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair trade practices, and tortious interference with contract.
Moheeb received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where he graduated cum laude. At the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, Moheeb concentrated his studies on finance and accounting, and brings his knowledge in those disciplines to his practice.
Honors & Awards
DRI Lifetime Community Service Award (2019)
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©, Insurance Law, 2018 – present
Leading Lawyers, 2017
Oakland County Bar Association Distinguished Service Award, 2017
Oakland County Executive’s Elite 40 Under 40, 2015
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2011-2015, Business Litigation, 2018 – Present
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Leader in the Law, 2014
American Arab Professional of the Year Award in the Legal Category, 2013
Martindale Hubbel® AV Peer Review Rating
American Arab Chamber of Commerce, Professionals Committee
American Bar Association, Member of the Construction Industry Forum
Arab American Bar Association
Associated General Contractors, Member
Construction Association of Michigan, Corporate Member
Defense Research Institute, Life, Health and Disability and Commercial Litigation Committees
Federal Bar Association – E.D. Michigan Chapter, Complex Commercial Litigation Committee
Leadership Oakland Class of LOXXVI, Member
Michigan Muslim Bar Association, Vice President
Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms, Insurance PAC Member
Oakland County Bar Association, Business Court and Counsel Committee, Vice Chair and Membership Committee, Circuit Court Committee, Member
Oakland County Bar Foundation, Fellow
Ross School of Business Club of Southeast Michigan, Life Member
State Bar of Michigan, Insurance Law and Litigation Sections
“Amendments to Michigan No-Fault Act and Michigan Discovery Rules” CLE presentation for in-house counsel and insurance adjusters, November 2019
“When a Ruling Goes Wrong: Should We Settle, Proceed to Trial, or Seek Interlocutory Review?” The Network of Trial Law Firms, Litigation Management in a New York Minute, roundtable discussion, August 2019
“Top 10 Ways to Reduce Risk at Trial & Verdict Vigilance” CLE presentation for in-house counsel and insurance adjusters, October 2018
“Updates & Trends in Investigative Techniques Using Advanced Technology” NAMWOLF Insurance PAC CLE, June 2017
“Life Insurance Update” DRI Life, Health, Disability & ERISA Seminar, April 2017
Attorney-Client Privilege, Investigative Techniques, & Michigan No-Fault, CLE presentation for in-house counsel and insurance adjusters, January 2017
“Insurance Confidential: Considerations for Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Protection in Insurance Cases” NAMWOLF Business Meeting, February 2016
“Michigan No Fault: Personal Injury Protection” CLE presentation for in-house counsel and insurance adjusters, January 2016
“Law & Order: Special Investigative Unit” NAMWOLF Annual Meeting, September 2015
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Martin Luther King Day Diversity Panel Speaker, 2014
Oakland County Bar Association Law Practice and Management Seminar, 2012-2014
“Life Insurance Hot Topics and Case-law Updates: Retained Asset Accounts, Post-Claim Underwriting, and Accidental-Death-and-Dismemberment Policies” NAMWOLF CLE Seminar, September 2012
“Contracts: A Case Study” Michigan Association of CPAs
“Litigation Trends in Insurance and Reinsurance” Michigan Association of CPAs
“Key Issues to Consider When Litigating Life, Health, and Disability Actions to Maximize Recoveries and Outcomes” NAMWOLF Annual Meeting, September 2013, Moderator
“The Importance of Avoiding Equivocal Denials in Claims Processing,” DRI Life, Health, and Disability News, Volume 30, Issue 2, co-author, May 2019
“Liens Rights for Pre-Construction Services Providers Continue to Expand” ABA Forum on Construction, Division 7 Newsletter, co-author, April 2019
“As Universal Life Insurance Premiums Increase, So Does Class Action Litigation” DRI For the Defense, August 2018
“The Rise and Fall of the Reasonable Expectations Doctrine in Michigan” The Journal of Insurance and Indemnity Law, July 2014
“Can the UCC’s Provision Protecting Check Writers from Fraud Also Protect Them from Ponzi Schemes?” Michigan Bar Journal
“RAA Rage” Michigan Lawyers Weekly
“Evidentiary Issues Facing Insurers Seeking Interpleader” DRI For the Defense, December 2013
For the Community
Moheeb serves on the boards of directors of two non-profit organizations: The Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (a public-policy think tank), and Zaman International, which provides food, clothing, services and job-training for marginalized women and children in need in Southeastern Michigan and internationally.
Favorite Activity: Mountain Biking
Favorite Subject: History, particularity of U.S. and Middle East
Favorite Game: SimCity