Business and Commercial
Construction Litigation & Counseling
Critical Motions / Appeals
Villanova School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1992
Rutgers University, B.A., 1989
Judge Stephen J. Murphy III, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2008-2010
Chief Judge John F. Gerry, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1992-1993
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Michigan State Courts
New York State Courts
Susan M. McKeever focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and appellate litigation.
- Class action counsel for national homebuilder in state-wide construction defect putative class action seeking billions in compensatory and punitive damages.
- Trial and appellate counsel for major automobile manufacturer in defense of multi-million dollar product liability lawsuit.
- Represented national homebuilder in appeal of mass action alleging defective plumbing.
- Defended major automobile manufacturer in subpoena contest in connection with multi-district-litigation antitrust suit.
- Appellate counsel for major automobile manufacturer in trade court customs appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Defended major privately-held software company in federal class action alleging product defect and civil rights violations.
- Represented major automobile manufacturer in tax appeals to the Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court.
- Appellate counsel for national property and casualty insurance company.
- Represented major automobile manufacturer in multiple patent infringement actions in federal district court.
- Represented national forwarding company in trial court and on appeal in class action alleging negligence, civil conspiracy and interference with contract.
- Appellate counsel for major automobile manufacturer challenging administrative occupational health and safety citations.
- Assisted the court with special discovery master duties in qui tam.
- Represented insurance company in Federal Arbitration Act appeal.
- Secured a defense verdict in consumer-leasing action following a jury trial in Cuyahoga County, Ohio for a major automotive manufacturer on one claim for fraud and another for a violation of the Consumer Leasing Act.
Susan graduated summa cum laude from the Villanova School of Law and received her Bachelor of Arts at Rutgers University. Before joining BSP in 2013, Susan worked in the Litigation and Corporate departments of the New York office of O’Melveny & Myers LLP. Susan clerked for Judge Stephen Murphy III (E.D. Mich.) and Chief Judge John F. Gerry (D.N.J.). While in law school, she interned for Judge Dolores K. Sloviter (3rd Cir.). Susan also clerked in the U.S. Department of Defense Office of the General Counsel and interned in the U.S. Department of State Legal Advisor’s Office.
Honors & Awards
Order of the Coif
International Moot Court Team, Regional Finalist, Winner Best Brief
Federal Bar Association, Complex Litigation Committee, Co-Chair
State Bar of Michigan, Member
State Bar of New York, Member
Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference Foundation, Member
“As Universal Life Insurance Premiums Increase, So Does Class Action Litigation” DRI For the Defense (August 2018)